We understand that you may not want to read a long-winded, old-school, crusty, boring legal document, so we provided it in both short form just for you with the long-winded, old-school, crusty, boring one to follow.
We (TokuOra) will not sell, distribute, replicate, or reproduce the personal information that you upload/post unless you opt-in (say yes, it's okay if/when we ask you or if you connect through Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google, Pinterest, or LinkedIn or alike. The information that you do upload/post is for our internal use so that we can better understand you and therefore help create the roadmap for you through psychometrics and predictive analysis that TokuOra was intended for when first created.
We built TokuOra for you. We like you, we want to help you, so we need to earn your trust. We want you to keep coming back (as we build more tools/resources) and to bring your friends. We don't intend to destroy that trust.
Long-winded, old-school, boring one:
You may provide personal information to TokuOra several ways including: (1) sharing your e-mail address when (2) joining/retrieving quiz results, (3) bsharing personal information when you submit to our Wiki, (4) sharing personal information when you post comments on our posts or stories, (5) sharing contact information (Twitter username and Facebook account name), (6) signing up to be a member of our Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, Pinterest, or LinkedIn groups or pages (7) participating in a survey administered by TokuOra or by our proprietary research panels that you opt-into. We may also ask for other information at other times but at no time will you be required to share any personal information to gain complete access to our site.
TokuOra is an open community.
In addition to basic contact information, our analytics trackers may also collect other information. This may include the operating system you are working on, the Internet browser you are using, and the screen resolution of your computer.
How does TokuOra use my personal information?
Depending on the portion of our site that you have subscribed to or interacted with, we may use your information in a number of ways.
The email address you provided through our newsletter subscription form enables us to send you things like TokuOra Updates or announcing new products. This subscription is entirely opt-in by the user. (We cannot subscribe you to the newsletter as you personally must have access to the email account in order to verify the subscription.) Subscribers can opt-out of our newsletter at any time by clicking the "Unsubscribe" link that is present on every email at the very bottom of the newsletter.
The email address that you use when contacting us with an editorial tip will not be used for any reason but for the purposes of responding to your inquiry.
The email address associated with your account when you comment on our stories may be used in conjunction with contests and promotions hosted on TokuOra's website to notify you if you have won. Email addresses provided in comments are not usually used for any other reason except that they may be used as a customer service and policy violation contact mechanism
If you choose to comment on TokuOra stories through Facebook, Google+, StumbleUpon, or Twitter, we do not get access to your email address nor do we have any access to your personal data or private information.
We may at times request your participation in a survey. We will not provide your email addresses to any third party.
To maintain a site that is free of charge, we may display advertisements on our website. We also use information you give us through surveys to help our advertisers target the audience they want to reach and to provide you with potentially ‘relevant’ advertisements.
When you sign up for our updates or receive e-mail messages from TokuOra, you will always be given the chance to opt-out of our communications. You may change your preferences at any time and will only be contacted in manners consistent with your stated preferences.
Non-personal identifiable information (such as stated above) may be shared in aggregate form with our advertisers, business, or marketing partners but your personal identifiable information will never be disclosed to them. Who else has access to my personal information?
Is there anything else I should know about my privacy and TokuOra?
Any information you disclose voluntarily on our comments page or in any properties hosted by TokuOra becomes public information. TokuOra.com is a public forum. We cannot control the action of our site users and advise you to use your discretion in sharing information about yourself on the Internet. All information sharing is optional and done so at your own risk. Privacy is a very personal matter and we encourage you to be careful and responsible when disclosing personal information online.
TokuOra Comment Policy
We never censor comments based on political or ideological point of view or of a critical nature. We reserve the right to delete those comments that are off-topic, "spammy" in nature, abusive, use excessive foul language, or include ad hominem attacks.
All comments and other content contributed to TokuOra shall adhere to the following policy, and may be edited or removed at TokuOra's discretion if it is deemed to be in violation of this policy.
1. Personal attacks: Please don't engage in personal attacks (on authors, other users, or any individual), persistent trolling, or mindless abuse. The TokuOra community should focus on intelligently discussing topics by furthering the conversation and informing the participants with resourceful and constructive ideas.
2. Hate speech: Racism, sexism, and homophobia will not be tolerated.
3. Language and threats: Please watch your language and respect other people's views, beliefs, and emotions. We reserve the right to remove any content that might be found extremely offensive or threatening.
4. No spam: Spam and advertising content will be removed.
5. Smear tactics: Although we acknowledge criticism of our articles and our writers, we will not allow misrepresentation. We will distinguish between constructive arguments and smear tactics.
6. Relevancy: Please keep conversations relevant. Off-topic comments are subject to removal in order to keep the thread on track.
7. Quality: We encourage you to take responsibility for the quality of the conversations in which you're participating. Maintain intelligent discussions in the TokuOra community by being respectful and considerate.
8. Help us: Maintain an inviting interaction space by self-policing threads and flagging spam. Although we have a hands-on approach to community engagement, we do sometimes miss problem commenters or trolls. We appreciate your efforts to keep the TokuOra community environment inviting, insightful, and constructive. Let the conversations be quality ones.